Sunday, September 5, 2010

Team-Mates Were Trying To Fix Almost Every Match: Yasir Hameed

The News of the World newspaper has once again alleged Pak Cricket team of Match fixing. In the latest twist to the controversy that has shaken cricket, the paper says star Pakistani opener Yasir Hameed has claimed that some of his colleagues were regularly cheating.


An exclusive video of Yasir Hameed’s conversation has been released by the newspaper.
Yasir Hameed is quoted as saying: “It makes me angry because I’m playing my best and they are trying to lose.”


Yasir Hameed, has issued a denial of allegations in the News of the World that he turned down a bookmaker’s offer to help fix a Test for £100,000.
Yasir further quoted “almost every match” has been fixed and slammed his team-mates’ actions. “They’ve been caught. Only the ones that get caught are branded crooks,” he reportedly told the newspaper. “They were doing it [fixing] in almost every match.
“God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages,” he was quoted as saying. “It makes me angry because I’m playing my best and they are trying to lose.”
Earlier during the night while speaking to Dunya News Yasir Hameed has denied all claims made by the newspaper and refused that he had any conversation to the newspaper.
“I have never spoken to the NOTW and I haven’t said anything like this,” he said. “I have been fully concentrating on my career and nothing else,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...